"With the certitude of a true believer, Vellya Paapen had assured the twins that there was no such thing in the world as a black cat. He said that there were only black, cat-shaped holes in the universe."
-- Arundhati Roy, The God of Small Things

Friday, November 1, 2013

It's a Small World




A couple of weeks ago, my husband asked me, “Why did you put ‘a marble that looks like the earth’ on your birthday list?”

I had a hard time explaining to him why I not only wanted, but needed such a thing.  He came through anyway, because he is a good husband.

Instead of continuing to try to explain why a marble-sized world is such a wonderful thing, I will let these photos speak for themselves.

First:  The Obvious

It's a small world after all. 

I've got the world in the palm of my hand.


The world is at my fingertips.
(And I wish I had more attractive fingertips.)


I've got my eye on the world.
(Or the world in my eye.)

Next:  Alternative Origin Myths

 
The world was born in the head of a fish.


Gaia was actually a tabby cat.

The earth was sneezed out the nose of a dog.


Then:  Planet Under Attack!!!

AAAAAAAA!!!


This shall not end well for us.

And Lastly:  Some Random Pics of the World







See?  Next time your birthday rolls around, get creative with your wish list.

I’m not through being entertained by this.  Send me your puns, your plays on words, all your ideas for my tiny world and I will do my best to make them happen.

WAIT!!!

Before anyone chastises me for wasting time with my tiny world rather than working on my NaNoWriMo novel, I would just like to tell all you bossy-pants that I already wrote 2,000 words today (so there) and I deserved a break.  Also the cricket on my porch is driving me crazy and I had to get out of earshot of him for a while.  If I ever find him, I am going to crush him with the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment